The job description for an ESL teacher may include the following performance responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies.
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area.
- Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition
- Maintain complete and accurate records of student progress.
- Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and incorporates challenging instructional strategies.
- Adapt curriculum to provide individual, small group, and/or remedial instruction as to meet the needs of individual students and subgroups of students.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior required to run an orderly and productive classroom environment.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students.
- Manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement.
- Oversee assigned out-of-classroom activities during the school day, as needed.
Seeking candidates who are fluent in French and English. Swahili is a plus! Must have open availability during the week for tutoring and class sessions.
The job description for a Center Volunteer may include:
- Working in a receptionist capacity to greet business clients and guests.
- Answering and directing phone calls.
- Organizing and distributing messages.
- Organizing documents and files.
- Assisting guest with the donation process.
- Ensuring guests sign in/out using the sign in log.
- Must be familiar with all of the programs we offer, and the enrollment process/period of each program.
- Complete daily bookkeeping tasks and reports.
- Light cleaning of general areas.
Previous receptionist experience preferred. Must be available from 11AM-7:30PM during the week.
The job description for our after school program staff may include:
- Planning, preparing, and implementing an approved faith based curriculum.
- Overseeing daily lesson plans and activities that focus on developing children's social and motor skills, and relationship with Christ.
- Assisting children with assignments and homework, such as reading, writing, and math.
- Preparing learning materials and equipment, such as books, arts and crafts, stationery, and other supplies as needed.
- Interacting with children to provide guidance, emotional support, and motivation to complete tasks.
- Creating monthly or quarterly progress reports to monitor children's scholastic development and personal growth.
- Meeting with parents to discuss their children's performance and any areas in need of improvement.
- Maintaining an organized and clean learning environment and ensuring students conduct themselves appropriately.
- Ensuring that all center rules, policies, and guidelines are adhered to in the center.
Seeking candidates with previous childcare experience. Candidates must have a valid drivers license. Must be 21 year of age or older. Must hold a valid CPR certification.
Seasonal Camp Counselors
The job description for a seasonal camp counselor may include:
- Developing, supervising, and participating in camp-wide programming activities with campers of different ages.
- Participating in training workshops held prior to camp sessions .
- Working cooperatively with other Camp Counselors to ensure campers are safe, while maintaining adequate health and hygiene measures.
- Building relationships with all campers by showing compassion, empathy and understanding.
- Taking roll call at the beginning and end of every activity.
- Providing positive feedback for parents.
- Distributing and preparing breakfast, lunch, and snacks to all campers.
- Occasionally distribute medication to campers requiring it.
Seeking candidates with previous experience. Must be available during winter, spring, or summer break! Must have a valid drivers license. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must hold a valid CPR certification.
Mentor (Big Brother/Big Sister)
The job description for a mentor may include:
- Empowering youth to resolve current issues and to develop coping strategies for the future.
- Provide a model for a healthy, trusting relationship through clear communication and setting appropriate boundaries.
- Acknowledging mentee's strengths, talents and gifts and encouraging them to find ways to use them.
- Be an active listener and offer support and encouragement when appropriate.
- Engage in activities outside of the home to help expose youth to new opportunities and experiences.
Seeking candidates with previous childcare experience. Valid drivers license recommended. Must be 23 years of age or older. Must hold a valid CPR certification.
*Click on the title of any of our volunteer opportunities to apply online. If the job you are seeking is not posted here, then it has been fulfilled and is no longer available.*